We currently have six classes that we run (see below). If you have a car that does not fit into an existing class then we will do our best to fit you into one that is as close as possible. We require 5 registered vehicles of a specific class to run it. If there if less than 5, then those vehicles will be mixed in with another class.
Download PDF Club Racing Registration Form. Fill out, print and bring to the track.
Please note that due to excessive track maintenance we do not allow any 1/5th scale vehicles on any of our tracks.
Memberships are available for purchase on site every Saturday from May through to September, weather permitting. Make sure to check our facebook page before you make the trip. Sometimes we have to cancel a race due to bad weather or poor track conditions.
Racing is supposed to be fun, for everyone. Below are some guidelines that will help keeping it that way.
The Driver's Stand:
- Be respectful of racers that are already standing in line to get on the stand. Do not cut the line. Always wait until all the drivers from the previous race have exited before getting on the stand.
- Do not yell at other drivers, marshals, or the race director. If someone is yelling at you, be the bigger person and let it go. Leave the battles for the race on the track. If there is an issue, bring it up with the race director after the race has finished.
- Constrain yourself after finishing the race. Unless you finished last, there are still drivers racing. It's exciting to win, but if you start jumping and screaming you will distract others who are still trying to concentrate.
- Do not cut corners and take short cuts on the track. If you do so accidentally (even if it was due to a crash that was not your fault), either wait for a marshal to return you to the correct spot, or wait long enough to ensure that no advantage was gained. Whatever you do, do not drive backwards on the track, or use the reverse, during the race.
- If you are having a bad race day — which all do sometimes — do not take your frustration out on the other racers or the marshals. Slow down the pace and finish the race, or leave the track the next time you get to the pit exit.
- If you are being lapped by another driver:
- Hold your line until you can get to a place where it is safe to move out of the way and let the faster driver pass.
- If you are lapping another driver:
- Make the pass as safe as possible. The driver in front of you might be a rookie with limited abilities. Also remember that everyone is racing; the driver in front of you is also competing for position.
- When you are battling for position with another driver:
- If you are attempting to pass, wait for a safe moment to make your move.
- Do not push the other car out of the way. If you accidentally do so, then show courtesy and wait for the other driver to recover and then resume your race behind him/her.
- If the other driver is trying to pass you, hold the line. The other driver will have to figure out how to get by (unless he/she is lapping you, then move out of the way). Do not knock the other driver out. Play fair.
We currently operate two tracks at our facility: a 1/10th scale track and a 1/8th scale track. We are open to members 9am - 9pm all week during the summer, provided that the track surface is dry. We host club races every Saturday 9am - 5pm. The classes that we run on race days are listed above. Other days of the week (Sunday - Friday) you can bring any vehicle you want, except for 1/5 scale.
The tracks are medium size, hard packed track surface (clay mix) with light dust on top. Conditions vary throughout the season and with changing weather.
We do not have electricity or running water but generators provide power during events (bring your own extension cord) and a portapotty is available throughout the summer.
Please note that it is critical that member’s follow the track rules regarding operating hours. There is to be NO members at the track outside of our posted operating hours which are from 9 am to 9 pm. The only exception being race days where early entry and possibly late exit is allowed (at the discretion of the race director or executive). That means on a week night you must be out at 9 pm so the track will be closed to running at 8:30 pm. This applies to both nitro and electric powered vehicles.
Pit deck rentals are available to members and RCRE will cover 50% of all deck maintenance costs (this does not include the tent). The club will reimburse the 50% for repairs once the work has been completed.
A small $25 annual residency fee will be paid to RCRE by each deck resident in addition to the annual membership fee.
If you are a member and interested in a deck spot, please speak to one of the executives.
2018 Club Executives
President: Byron MacKenzie
Vice President: Patrick Eriksson
Treasurer: Dick Liew
Secretary: Mike Bridges
Race Coordinator: Colin Hildebrandt
Track Coordinator: Martin Fabian
Asst. Track Coordinator: Jeremy Litke
Promotional Coordinator: TBD