Twice every year, beginning of season and end of season, the Radio Control Racers of Edmonton host the Oil City Dash (OCD). The OCD is a premier off-road RC racing event spanning three days — Friday practice, Saturday qualifiers, and Sunday main finals. Racers from all over Canada, or anyplace in the world, are invited to attend.
The event is open to the public and we encourage anyone interested in off-road RC racing to come out and watch the event. Watching is lots of fun and it’s free!
Visit our Gallery for photos and videos of previous events.
RCRE 7th Oil City Dash
August 25-27, 2017
Not yet open for registration
52005 Range Road 272
Spruce Grove, AB, CA T7X3R7
Medium size, hard packed track (clay mix) with light dust on top. Conditions vary throughout the season and with changing weather.
- Bathrooms (porta potties)
- Generator power
- Concession booth
- Prizes and awards
- 50/50 draw
- Pets are allowed
- Overnight camping (no hook-ups)
- We have plenty of room but please let us know beforehand the size of your trailer. Send us a message using our contact form.
- 1/10 2WD Open (Max 2 cell LiPo)
- 1/10 4WD SCT (Max 2 cell LiPo. No buggy tires)
- 1/8 Electric Buggy
- 1/8 Electric Truggy
- 1/8 Nitro Buggy
- 1/8 Nitro Truggy
1st Class $40
2nd Class $20
3rd Class $20
1st Class $50
2nd Class $30
3rd Class $20
Spectating is Free!
- Friday Open Practice: 9:00AM – 8:00PM
- Saturday Qualifiers: 9:00AM – until finished
3 qualifiers: Nitro 5 minutes each, electric 7 minutes each. *
- Sunday Finals: 9:00AM – until finished
Electric Buggy/Truggy and 2WD Open A-mains are 10 minutes. 4WD SCT A-main is 8 minutes. Nitro A-mains are 45 minutes (July OCD) or 60 minutes (August OCD). *
*Duration of qualifiers and mains are subject to change depending on number of participants and current weather conditions.